Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ………………….. It’s cold outside…take some tips from Miss Daisy Driving School.
The first frost of winter has already arrived, and Miss Daisy Driving School encourages you to be prepared for the up coming cold season.
Before you make that journey, please check your vehicle is in good running order, and remember regular servicing helps to minimise any risks.
Use the Miss Daisy Driving School checklist as a good reminder
Miss Daisy Driving School WINTER CHECKLIST
- Petrol – Have you got enough? Do you know where to fill up?
- Water – Check radiator & screen wash once a month (or more regularly if you run out)
- Oil – Check levels once a month
- Damage – Check wipers,lights etc for signs of wear & tear, damage or bulbs out
- Electrics – Check lights, indicators & controls are all working properly
- Rubber tyres – Are they well inflated, legal, with sufficient tread depth & free from damage? Who remembers the legal tread depth?
- Yourself – Are you fit to drive? Have you slept well? Are you taking any medication that may make you unsafe for driving?
- Carry an emergency kit including …. no ladies, not a spare lippy…. de-icer, atlas, torch, first aid kit, warm blankets, jump leads & sunglasses (very important as the glare off the snow can be dazzling)
I hope this information helps to keep all you drivers safe on the roads as the temperatures drop on the run up to Christmas.
Keep up to date with winter motoring tips by joining our facebook page www.facebook.com/drivingdaisy